Monday, December 15, 2008

Not a Bad Hulk

A few days ago, I was looking through some old boxes and found copies of the now-defunct comic magazine Amazing Heroes. Coincidently, one issue (#155) was dated Dec. 15, 1988, twenty years ago today. I flipped through it and found a drawing of mine in its letter pages!

I had drawn the above Hulk, if memory serves, after being inspired by the way Todd McFarlane was drawing him. I then stole a line by Jessica Rabbit from the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Next, I mailed it off to Amazing Heroes for your viewing pleasure twenty years later.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I remember Amazing Heroes magazine. I remember liking it more then than I like Wizard now.

Kerry Callen said...

Me too.

Do you remember the "Silly Cover" feature that was in many issues? It actually started with a drawing I did in issue #4. I did others too. I almost posted them all here, until I realized how horribly tacky each and every one of them were...

Walaka of Earth 2 said...

I had an almost-complete run of AH; I donated it to the MSU library a few years back. Fun stuff, sometimes.

And Kerry, you should totally post your early artwork! It's great to see it.