Thursday, July 10, 2008

Halo and Sprocket Secrets: Snagglepuss!

Halo and Sprocket: Natural Creatures should be hitting the comic stores today, so it's time for me to start sharing some secrets....

When I do a Halo & Sprocket book, I like to throw in something non-H&S related, just for kicks. One of the things in this newest volume is BIG CAT PUNS. (The idea came to me in a dream, complete with the first panel involving the police lion!)

I always do small roughs of my pages before I draw the finishes. This means I usually know where the word balloons will fall. So, even though you wouldn't know it by looking the finished comic, I amused myself by adding in the Big Cat Snagglepuss..!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really loved "Welcome to Humanity", and cat-wise was hoping for more of the "Stupid or Genius" strips. Maybe your cat has wised up?

Nice blog! Looking forward to reading it in more detail when I have the time...

Chris Grine said...

Puma pants! Classic